[mythtv-users] Enhancement idea: Warning in OSD when disk is getting full

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 12:53:28 UTC 2006

I was thinking today that a possible enhancement to mythTV would be an
OSD message that intermittently pops up on all frontends during
playback to indicate that the recording disk space is getting low.

I use a reliable technique to monitor my disk usage (as I always
manage to fill the drives, even when I add more space) but sometimes I
do forget to check my MRTG charts to check there is still space.

This OSD message method would be particularly useful to indicate to
the non-techie users in my family that they should go and remove their
old recordings.

I imagine a cron job could currently be employed to do this using
mythnotify (those messages go to all frontends that are playing back,
right??), however, a proper implementation with a configurable setting
would be very sweet (IMHO of course).

Any thoughts?

Whytey - who can't code C++ for anything!