[mythtv-users] HDTV Blues - Any ideas?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 22:52:34 UTC 2006

I can't shed any light on the technical issues that may be at play
here, but I suffer the same issues.  I suspect the issue is with the
cable box.

Frankly, I don't expect firewire capture to ever work well, as the
cable companies have no incentive to make it work well.  It is only
there because congress says it has to be,  and the industry has
clearly gone in a different direction as far as cable box/tv
interfaces are concerned.

I would be curious to find out if anyone who has a TV with a firewire
input actually uses it with a DCT-6200, and whether they suffer
similar problems (the stream break up specifically, the periodic
failure to connect seems to be on the linux side of the equation).