[mythtv-users] Mythrecommend or TVWish?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 19 19:42:12 UTC 2006

> Is either of these programs able to do "Tivo-style"
> recommendations by watching what you record?  I dl'd
> mythrecommend and ran it, but it doesn't do anything useful
> when I run it with --get (it errors out, making me think the
> server URL isn't found: ./mythrecommend.pl --get Uploading
> data to central server... 0 New program recordings saved successfully.
>
> Downloading data from central server...

It was working many months ago but I suspect the author has since stopped
supporting it. The recommendations it provided were all quite obvious ones
and in my case I already had all of them in my recording schedule. I have
not used the other program and would be interested in your thoughts if you
get it running.

Bill