[mythtv-users] mythweb slow

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Sun Mar 19 19:25:41 UTC 2006

Niels Dybdahl wrote:
> Otherwise if you have a lot of mysql activity during the delay and you
> have a lot of scheduled recordings during the next week, then you can
> solve that by removing the following lines from the file
> /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/programs.php:
>
>             elseif ($this->chanid) {
>                 unset($this->filename);
>             // Kludge to avoid redefining the object, which doesn't work in php5
>                 $tmp =
> @get_object_vars(load_one_program($this->starttime, $this->chanid));
>                 if (is_array($tmp) && count($tmp) > 0) {
>                     foreach ($tmp as $key => $value) {
>                         $this->$key = $value;
>                     }
>                 }
>             }
>
> My page load time was reduced from 12 seconds to 2 seconds by this approach.

With this code deleted some programs (but strangely not all) may have
missing info in the channum column on the "Upcoming Recordings" page.

However, one other speedup (IE only) I found is to disable the
transparent PNG support (see attached patch). This gets rid of the
annoying "7 item(s) remaining" delay :-)

Bolek