[mythtv-users] Help with FC4 0.18 -> 0.19, blew up IVTV now can't record or remote... Thanks for the help!

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 09:14:05 UTC 2006

OK, I've been doing a lot of reading/search trying to fix my FC4 box,
but to not much avail. Here's what I did:

I had a reasonably stock FC4 'Jarod guide' install. 0.18, ivtv 2.x?
Worked fine. I have an external tuner with a change channel script...
everything I used (recording, watching, etc) worked...

Then I decide to upgrade... I did a yum mythtv-suite last weekend.
Everything went fine, when I restarted mythbackend it upgraded the
database, and all was set. I had a perfectly working 0.19 setup for
the past week, or so it seemed...

Then the box lost power! BOOM... Now I get static and can't record. I
did a little log checking, apparently I got ivtv 0.4.1 as part of my
atrpms myth-suite deal. DAMN IT I say, the old ivtv worked perfectly!!
Anyway, now I have a broken mytvbox that tunes nothing but static.

So I read up on ivtv, and in my attempts to fix it, I've reloaded the
ivtv package and deps, because I found out the firmware changed and
there's a problem with yum solving a dependency thing with the new
init.mpg firmware (thanks alex for the bug report ->
http://www.mail-archive.com/atrpms-users@atrpms.net/msg01032.html) ...
In doing the ivtv remove/install, it broke my remote too. I have a
PVR-350 that has a remote I use, now that doesn't work either.

My two main problems are:

* Static on the tuner, something wrong with tuning channel 3? (It's
set to 3 in mythtvsetup still) Does the new ivtv not obey my
modprobe.conf stuff?

* PVR-350 remote config doesn't work anymore...

My girlfriend is about to kill me. Help!

Can I just go back to the old ivtv and be happy? How can I fix this? I
search the list and only found one thread w/ two emails, nothing
helpful. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one struck my
moving up to the newer ivtv...