[mythtv-users] HDTV on SDTV purple bar right side

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Mar 19 01:42:31 UTC 2006

Jim Beam wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am stuck, after a marathon not I finally got my FusionHDTV5 USB working
> together with my PVR150.
> Unfortunately on playback or while watching live TV there is a 50-100 pixel
> solid purple bar on the right side of the screen (whether in mythtv, xine or
> mplayer). Playing back in MS Windows results in no bar.
> I've scoured the internet to no avail, a few posts but no fixes.
> I have an ATI 9250 with 256MB of RAM and Athlon 3000+ running Gentoo 2.6.15,
> xorg-x11-6.8.2, ati-drivers 8.23.7
> Is there anything I can do to find out or fix this problem?

I see this as well on my ATI board.  Previous posts to the list indicate
this is an issue with the hardware scaler in the ATI chip not scaling
the HD content properly.  I believe I have confirmed this on my system
by playing back the same stream with mplayer using the software scaler
which does a fine job.

I'm replacing ATI with nvidia.

Kevin