[mythtv-users] Some dumb questions: Please Humor me...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sat Mar 18 23:38:28 UTC 2006

I have been away from this list for a year, and would like someone to sumarize
what the
current state of affairs is.

about 18months ago I bought an AIR2PC-ATSC card, I played with it a bit and
decided I needed two more
By that time they were out of the original card, and were promising a new card.

That took about 6months to deliver but I finally received two
AirStar-HD5000-PCI cards late last spring.

Unfortunately I had ZERO time to play with this stuff at that time, but now,
another year (almost) later
I have dug everything out, and am starting over.

So my questions.

    (1) Im currently running 2.6.15.2 under Fedora4,
          Do I still have to go the dvb-kernel route (and will it work with
2.6.15.2), or have all the changes made
          it into the Linux source tree by now?

    (2) What do I need for the OLD card?

    (3) What do I need for the NEW cards?

Im sure someone out there can save me LOTS of time trying to dig thru old
MythTV-user posting trying to
figure this out...Currently I have tried to follow some of the pointers from
the "Installing" and "Step-by-Step"
guides, and find the info VERY confusing, especially for the old card.

Thanks again,
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com