[mythtv-users] pvr350 hurting my TV?

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Sat Mar 18 22:49:30 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 14:12, Nick Bartos wrote:
> > I never touched the aspect ratio with my setup.  It is just "off" and the
> > overscan seems to make it fill the screen perfectly (comparing it to a
> > straight signal into my tv looked pretty much identical).
>
> how are your recording profiles setup (stream type, aspect ratio, etc)?

I'm going off of memory here since I don't have the machine anymore (I build
it for a friend to use for a while, and for some reason I can't SSH into it
right now), but I'm pretty sure my profile is completely the default with the
exception that I set my bitrate to around 3100 mininum and 6000 max.
Everything else should be the standard stuff:  MPEG2-PS stream, 4:3 ratio, oh
and I think I set my audio bitrate a little lower (to somewhere between
160-192) since I really don't need to waste the space on anything higher.