[mythtv-users] XvmcTextures TRUE or FALSE?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Mar 18 21:12:36 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 13:38 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> I've just noticed that this xorg.conf file does NOT have a line:
>> 	Option "XcmvUsesTextures" "True/False"
> This is an nVidia only option.
>
>> I also notice that Dan Seddon just posted a comment that this option
>> should be set to "TRUE" (for Nvidia chipsets at least: see "XvMC with
>> Nvidia 7676 no change in CPU usage?") while the mythv wiki page dealing
>> with Xvmc says to set it to "FALSE"
>> So anyone want to wage into the battle, urging a setting of 'whatever'?
> If you want chromakeying to work, it needs to be set to false.
>
> Chromakeying allows you to use the ChromaKeyOSD and is AFAIK
> required to have playback picture adjustments work. But XvMC
> on nVidia hardware is problematic and whatever you can do to
> make it work for you is the right thing to do.
>
> -- Daniel

I will add a datapoint here.

Using Via SP13000, FC4, xorg 6.9.903 from kelkoo.net and openchrome
driver, the playback picture adjustments work whether or not the setting
is TRUE or FALSE. I had been using FALSE, but just tried TRUE with
already recorded shows.

The On Screen Display which contains the description and slider bar etc
for the controls is black/white ... grey, not in color, but it works.

Geoff

--
        R. Geoffrey Newbury
      Barrister and Solicitor