[mythtv-users] Firmware Not loading after upgrade to 4.3

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 19:52:42 UTC 2006

On 3/18/06, Thom Paine <painethom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I must be missing some step after upgrading to ivtv 4.3.
>
> My machine doesn't seem to load the firmware even though I followed
> the instructions on the ivtv site about the upgrade. I copied the
> necessary v4l files to the hotplug/firmware directory and my
> /var/log/messages says firmware not found even though I have it in the
> /hotplug/firmware directory.
>
> I also have a slave backend I'm working on with a DVB card and I'm
> getting the same problem here. Do I just put the firmware file in the
> hotplug/firmware directory and it should autoload?

I have a (similar) problem: ivtv won't load from boot (Reporting that
"Firmware not found", but if I rmmod ivtv modprobe ivtv, it works
perfectly.

I think it could be a permissions problem, so I've chmod 777'd the
files, and next time my box reboots I'll tell you how it worked out.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston