[mythtv-users] Firmware Not loading after upgrade to 4.3

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 18 18:19:10 UTC 2006

You mean this one?  http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Firmware#Location

>  I copied the
> necessary v4l files to the hotplug/firmware directory and my
> /var/log/messages says firmware not found even though I have it in the
> /hotplug/firmware directory.
>
> I also have a slave backend I'm working on with a DVB card and I'm
> getting the same problem here. Do I just put the firmware file in the
> hotplug/firmware directory and it should autoload?

Impossible to tell without more info.  The firmware directory is defined
by your hotplug scripts (which tend to be modified by individual distros).

Also, your kernel must have  "Support for hot-pluggable devices"
("CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y") /and/ must support "Hotplug firmware loading
support" ("CONFIG_FW_LOADER=y" or "CONFIG_FW_LOADER=m").  You must have
a recent enough version of hotplug installed.  And, once you have the
pre-reqs, you must read the scripts for your distro to find the location
for the firmware (or ask on your distro's ML/fora where your distro
expects the firmware to reside).

However, there should be enough info in the link above for you to trace
where ivtv is looking for your firmware.

Mike