[mythtv-users] Tuning QAM for Charter Cable with HD3000

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Mar 18 05:01:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 20:01 -0800, jborn at charter.net wrote:
> Well I tried the script without any luck.  I think modified it to run
> through all the QAM256 frequency file I have on my machince.  Still no
> hits.  I've attached the modified script.  What could I be doing
> wrong?  signal strength, bad card, incorrect frequency files?  Thanks
> again for the advice

Do the MythTV internal scans pick up any channels?

Try both QAM-64 & QAM-256 and try the HRC tables (4 scans total).
Some cable operators use QAM-64 for DTV, and some use HRC.

Check your dmesg output, your HD3000 might not be finding the
QAM firmware, which differs from the 8-VSB firmware. There were
some changes recently in most distros with the introduction of
udev. It does some, but not all, of what hotplug traditionally
did, with respect to firmware loading.

-- Daniel