[mythtv-users] Best version for DVB-T

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Sat Mar 18 02:36:28 UTC 2006

> [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Robin Neatherway
>
> On 3/16/06, Christian Hack <christianh at edmi.com.au> wrote:
> > > The Nova-T issue is a bigger problem (see other threads) and looks
> > > like it needs some work on the driver before it is totally fixed.
> >
> > But it did work perfectly *before* the upgrade to 0.19.
> From the backend
> > logs everything goes OK. I might try turning on all the
> logging and see if I
> > can see anything.
>
> Workarounds for this include adding extra sleeps after two operations,
> regarded by the dvb developers as a safety margin and the mythtv
> developers as a kludge. The tuning is a lot more sophisticated in
> 0.19, but sadly removes this safety margin.

That could be quite annoying since I'm only running rpms and don't really
want to go to SVN. I lost two recordings last night in fact.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/190700 indicates could fix
my problem. So it looks like I have to wait for 0.20 or maybe there will be
a fixes branch.

CH