[mythtv-users] IR Blaster on USB to Serial Converter

Jonathan Tidmore jtidmore at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 21:31:28 UTC 2006

I'm trying to get my IR Blaster working.  I have only 1 serial port and that
has the IR Receiver on it and that works fine.  So I bought a USB to Serial
converter for the IR Blaster.  I can't seem to get lirc when compiling to
use the /dev/ttyUSB0 device the USB to Serial converter creates when I plug
it in.  I've been following the instructions on
http://www.iwamble.net/IRBlaster_Howto.txt but they assume you have to
available serial ports.  Anyone know how I can compile my second instance of
lirc to use /dev/ttyUSB0?

Thanks,

--
-J