[mythtv-users] Loss of Service Recognition -- Nifty!

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 20:28:00 UTC 2006

ATSC is a digital thing and so myth has the ability to detect if
there's something there.

However, ivtv cards have the signal detected flag, and it can tell
when the cable is disconnected. It would be swanky if myth checked
that to know if the tuner was actually receiving something.

Alternatively, you could take a key frame histogram of the recorded
file and you should be able to see if it's just white noise.