[mythtv-users] A/V sync 80-100mS off - HDTV

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Fri Mar 17 01:08:41 UTC 2006

> Thanks for the reply!   It has been a month since I upgraded to the
> latest SVN so I'll do that.  I am also using Nvidia 7667 so I'll try
> upgrading to 8178.  I didn't realize that the Nvidia driver impacted
> sound sync so having that information is very useful.
>
> When you say you are running SVN-fixes, what does that mean?   I assumed
> that SVN is the very latest possible.

There are two SVN branches, one for fixes to the latest stable release,
and one that is just the latest SVN code.  Presumably, svn-fixes is more
stable.  Check out
	http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/
for a little more clarity.

Also, I think my XvMC situation is a bit strange.  I am running amd64,
and my video card is a PCI-X 5750 (from ASUS), so maybe that card's
drivers had problems with XvMC in previous releases.  If you have XvMC
working, I wouldn't upgrade your nvidia drivers.

Tim