[mythtv-users] Loss of Service Recognition -- Nifty!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 16 23:27:55 UTC 2006

On 03/16/2006 10:05 AM, White Joe wrote:

>The power jumped the other night when we were recording The Shield and
>The Closer.  Unfortunately (foolishly), we don't have a UPS on the Myth
>box.  Fortunately, I was sitting right there and turned the machine
>right back on.  When it came back up I noticed something interesting.
>The recording of The Closer restarted as soon as the BE restarted, but
>the recording of the Shield was marked as "A" for aborted, and
>rescheduled for a later showing that night.  We have had power
>interruptions before, under similar situations, under .18, and I have
>never noticed that behavior before.  Is that a .19 feature?  Very nifty.

Yeah.  Pretty much.  Myth 0.19 stores info about what happens with
recordings so it can take appropriate action.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/156425#156425
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/173865#173865

>Does Myth also exhibit the same behavior when the cable or satellite
>goes out?

Nope.  Only when "Myth goes out."  ;)

(To Myth, a 1-hour recordings of "Satellite Signal Not Available" looks
right--and has no commercials!  Although, if you want that show, let me
know--I've recorded it, so I could send you a copy.  For some reason,
though, Myth doesn't seem to detect duplicates for it. :)

Mike