[mythtv-users] MythDVD and foreign movies

Imtiaz Gaslightwala imtiaz.gaslightwala at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 21:29:34 UTC 2006

I'm using MythDVD (still on .18) to rip some Indian/Chinese movies and the
only transcoding quality choice available is Perfect (American and European
movies work with all modes).  Does anybody know why, I'm guess its the
screen size of the movies but I'm not sure.  If so, is there any easy way to
add modes to MythDVD?

Also, for the movies I've already ripped, how do I transcode them manually
and keep the subtitle fonts?  All the ones I've tried have the subtitles
shown in a white box at the bottom.

Thanks