[mythtv-users] DVB problems with AVER A180

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Mar 16 20:39:37 UTC 2006

Christian Burger wrote:
> Yes I followed the QAM HDTV document in the wiki with same results.  When I
> try to manually import in channels.conf mythtv-setup seg faults.  On channel
> scanning it normally seg faults but last night I got it to make a successful
> pass.  I also setup zap.  I've tried numerous ways but making no headway.

What does your dtv_multiplex and other tables look like now?  I have
lines that look like this:

6 	2 	/NULL/ 	/NULL/ 	567000000 	a 	0 	auto 	v 	qam_256 	a 	auto 	a
auto 	0 	auto 	a 	auto 	atsc 	33 	20060302135110

The 5th value comes from my channels.conf like:

WTTWDT2:567000000:QAM_256:2432:2433:5

The second column matches the fourth (frequency).  Then I had to note
the first two columns, mplexid and sourceid.  Sourceid corresponds to
the input source for mythfilldatabase.  In this case, it is my second
source for HD lineup.  The mplexid has to be put into the channel table.

3102 	1102 	47 	2 	WTTWDT2 	WTTWDT2 (WTTW-DT2) 	  	/NULL/ 	  	36111 	0
32768 	32768 	32768 	32768 	atsc 	0 	1 	  	0 	6 	5 	12032

The third to last column is mplexid.  This has to match.  The serviceid
column matches the last column in your channels.conf (see the 5 above).

Once those pieces match up, it should tune.  I used zap2it and
mythfilldatabase to create the channels in the channel table and then
tried a channels.conf (after changing the channel names from the weird
[0001] names which maybe is causing the segfault?) and then manually
updated the mplexid and serviceid columns in the channel table to the
right values as mythfilldatabase left them blank.  Then I deleted the
channels.conf imported channels and all was well.

Kevin