[mythtv-users] Plextor M402U. Supported or not?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Mar 16 20:13:30 UTC 2006

Jim Minihane wrote:
>> Two issues that I've had:
>> - you can only select mpeg-4, even in 0.19.  I'm not super picky about
>> video quality so it's no big deal, but...
>>

> What do you mean "super picky"? Is MPEG2 visibly better than MPEG4?

Yes. You can get them pretty close if you up the bit rate in mpeg-4 to
about 6000, but it's still
not as good as mpeg-2 from a PVR x50. Maybe people don't care, but it
bothers the heck out
of me. (I own a plextor convertx and a PVR 350)

I'm still hoping to add support for mpeg-2 via plextor soon. I've just
been too busy lately to
get started. sigh.

--
Jesse Guardiani