[mythtv-users] Mythweb not showing program guide

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Thu Mar 16 19:13:25 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Cj B <black at comet.n-polk.k12.ia.us> wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2006, at 7:33 AM, Niels Dybdahl wrote:
> > Do you have a lot of mysqld activity when you try to open the
> > program guide ?
> >

> No, mysql utilization goes up to about 5%, while apache is using 23%.
>
> I checked the mysql.log and found that it's output a ton of queries
> like this:
> SELECT program.*,

You can get rid of those SELECTs by commenting out the following lines
from programs.php:

/*            elseif ($this->chanid) {
                unset($this->filename);
            // Kludge to avoid redefining the object, which doesn't work in php5
                $tmp =
@get_object_vars(load_one_program($this->starttime, $this->chanid));
                if (is_array($tmp) && count($tmp) > 0) {
                    foreach ($tmp as $key => $value) {
                        $this->$key = $value;
                    }
                }
            }*/

But that should only speed up the generation of the page, so it can
not explain why you do not get anything at all.
I had a very long delay (40 seconds) before getting the page and my
apache log showed that it tried to retrieve the *.js files
(mouseovers.js etc) for every single page. Apparently it did not
retrieve them correctly and there was a long delay. Do you have
indications in your apache log files, that it tries to retrieve such
files ?

Niels Dybdahl