[mythtv-users] Watch myth on cell phones

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:33:25 UTC 2006

Devan Lippman wrote:

> did someone mention reencoding?  I was hoping that mythtv would get
> functionality to transcode on the fly depending on where it is
> streaming to.  I figured this would come about through my own
> requirements in writing a RTP/RTCP, RTSP interface to the mythbackend
> but thats a long way out.  I'd be interested to hear any progress you
> make here.

Oh, That is most likely possible.  When I say "reencode" it's just a
generic term for whatever way you get it into a smaller format for the
phone and stream it.  I certainly don't know how to do it and don't have
any experience programming with mythtv, or writing encoders in general,
so what I say on this must be taken with grains of salt.
Raphael