[mythtv-users] OT: Recommendations for a mATX socket939 motherboard(LC11M case)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Mar 16 15:31:44 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:
> On 15/03/06, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>> Myth User wrote:
>>> Does your friend know about the VERY cheesy fake wood grain on the front of
>>> this case?  It's not appearant in most of the online photos.
>>>
>> The cheesy fake wood grain is only available in the silver model. The
>> black model is all black.
>
> That completely contradicts the pictures and description on their site
> (which says the walnut effect is on the black model only) - can anyone
> else verify this?
>
> http://silverstonetek.com/products-lc11m.htm

Sorry, my bad!

I took a careful look at my case, and there is in fact a piece of shiny
cheesy fake mahogany woodgrain plastic in the centre section of my black
case.... It's so dark I never noticed it sufficiently enough to remember it!

Of course, it helps the visuals that the super bright blue power LED is
mounted in the centre of that shiny cheesy...etc.

This case is really nice for a good looking quiet unobtrusive case.
Downside is that to keep the quiet aspect you have to work to get a good
quiet motherboard for it. It will take mini-ATX (or even mini-ITX
although that does lead to certain physical alignment problems which can
  be worked around).

Geoff