[mythtv-users] HTPC cases

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 14:26:50 UTC 2006

On 16/03/06, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
> On Friday 10 March 2006 20:41, N Dugas wrote:
> > Anyone here using Silverstone cases?  In particular, I'm looking at the
> > LC14M or LC16M.  I'm just curious to see how the remotes work and if the
> > VFD was a pain to get working.
>
> not exactly what you asked but
> i have a 10M and it is quite nice
> the sticky front panel for the dvd drive is a bit naff
> but apart from that it is good
>
> i have an aopen i915GMM-HFS pentium-m motherboard in it and the whole machine
> is really quiet.
> i also don't have the case fans running. with my motherboard they are not
> needed.

Simon,

What is the status of linux driver support for the onboard SATA-II
(non-RAID) and also DVI and component video for the board using the
onboard video?

I've had my eye on this board for a while and it seems to tick nearly
all the right boxes (SPDIF input, component video and DVI, dual LAN)
As the board uses an ALC880 audio chip is support fully there (using
hda-intel driver gives working SPDIF)?  The only real negative I have
is that I would want 3 PCI slots (2 DVB, 1 PVR-x50) which I can't do
with this board.

I also see from the manual that it supports both 478 and 479pin
Pentium-M CPUs - which are you using?

Thanks for any information you can pass on,
Nick