[mythtv-users] Use internal viewer for mpg files from mythvideo?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 16 13:31:24 UTC 2006

On 03/16/2006 07:04 AM, warren-lists at icruise.com wrote:

>Is there any way to get the internal mythtv viewer to be the viewer for
>mpeg 2 videos?

Set the player command for files with the appropriate extension to
"Internal" (no quotes).

>  I would like to be able to do commercial skip on videos
>that I have recorded from other sources.

That's a whole other matter.  Commercial skip is only set up to work
with MythTV recordings--not on MythVideo videos.  Therefore, you'll have
to import the show into MythTV's recordings (see
contrib/myth.rebuilddatabase.pl) then run mythcommflag to rebuild the
seektable and then run mythcommflag to mark commercials ("mythcommflag
--help").

Mike