[mythtv-users] OT: Re: vonage Voicemail Waiting Indicator on mythtv

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Mar 16 11:03:48 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
Hey guys, what about voicemail checking using the mythfrontend?? Anyone know
if the app has been written??  I have vonage now and will be retiring my
answering machine.

I do not know of any script that will check for voicemail messages but I
know that the info is passed to the box somehow, most likely as sip packets.
I would find this a more useful tool than the caller id since ID is built
into my phone. My only complaint with vonage voicemail is the lack of a good
message waiting indicator. Myth would be a great place to display the
notice.

Anyone interested in taking on the task?

Bill