[mythtv-users] mythweb performance: windows vs. linux

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Thu Mar 16 09:43:30 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:

> > It is not that easy. I guess the problems is in old recordings that were
> > broken because of the broken MPEG4->MPEG4 transcoding in MythTV 0.18.1.
> > These recordings are still playable in MythTV, but I can not export them
> via
> > nuvexport or play them via dsmyth. Some of them are my kids favorite
> > recordings, so I can not just dump them. I have tried to transcode them
> with
> > 0.19, but it failed to do so.
>
> Have you tried:  mythcommflag --rebuild   ?

Yes I have (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/151426). And
it made it easier to navigate the recordings, but did not fix the files
themselves.
Others had the same problem (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/173677) and the code was
fixed in january.

> Actually there are thumbnails for all my shows in MythWeb. For some reason
> > MythWeb in 0.19 just want to create new thumbnails for all the shows, so
> one
> > day when I have plenty of time, I will just find that functionality and
> turn
> > it off.
>
> Mythweb creates requests thumbnails when the backend tells it that there
> is a new one to grab (unfortunately, this happens each time a show is
> watched).  If you want to turn off thumbnails, just set
> show_recorded_pixmaps to false in config/conf.php

I will probably do that. Thanks for your input.
BTW what do think of those lines that I have commented out in programs.php ?
I guess they are there for a reason, but I have not found anything in
MythWeb that does not work as expected after I removed those lines.

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl