[mythtv-users] Help with mythtv user account setup

mythtv at red2.braveturtle.com mythtv at red2.braveturtle.com
Thu Mar 16 02:45:01 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having installing
mythtv.  I am a relative linux newbie, but I am really trying hard and
reading and searching as much as I can.

I have a fully updated Fedora Core 4 system running and I seemingly
successfully installed mythtv 0.19 with the command:

yum install mythtv-suite

Based on what I have read, the installation is supposed to create an
account with the name "mythtv".

After installing mythtv (as root) I then issue the following command to
set the mythtv user account password:

passwd mythtv

It recognizes that there is a "mythtv" user and allows me to set the
password.

However, when I try to login as "mythtv" it tells me that the "the
system administrator has disabled your account" and won't let me log in.

Can anyone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

-Sean