[mythtv-users] Not getting Dolby Prologic out of s/pdif

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 15 23:22:17 UTC 2006

On 03/15/2006 10:41 AM, Jeff Clemens wrote:

>That said, the redundant information necessary to allow prologic to work may
>not make it through the compression process, its hard to say.

That's what I had always heard, too, but Steve Adeff called me on it, so
I did some research and found he's right--the Dolby Surround information
should survive compression.  Steve summed up the info in my, "I stand
corrected" post in his reply to yours (use a high enough bitrate and
you're OK), but in case you want the details, see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/188945#188945 .

Mike