[mythtv-users] mythweb performance: windows vs. linux

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 15 22:17:03 UTC 2006

On 03/15/2006 03:08 AM, Niels Dybdahl wrote:

>The third problem is related to the recorded programs page. MythWeb still
>runs through all programs to see if their icons are missing or something
>like that. Apparently it has problems regenerating a couple of them, and
>that slows the page down. I do not use that page very much, so I have not
>looked deeper into that problem.

If you can't be bothered to fix your broken database entries (and,
therefore fix the problem that affects MythTV /and/ MythWeb), you can
take the all-too-common "fix-the-symptom" approach, instead.  In
config/conf.php, change the "show_recorded_pixmaps" define to false:

    define('show_recorded_pixmaps', false);

However, you should really fix the bad data in your database that's
preventing MythTV from creating the thumbnails for the shows.  :)

Mike