[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.20 SVN: setup menu and network control

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:46:45 UTC 2006

I've been tracking 0.20 SVN, building Debian packages for my box about every
two weeks. There are two problems (bugs?) that have persisted across several
package builds (currently at revision 9363) that are bothering me, and I'm
not sure if they are bugs in MythTV or problems with my setup:

- The "Utilities/Setup" -> "Setup" menu item does not work. Selecting it by
pressing ENTER (either by a PS/2 attached keyboard or a Hauppage IR remote)
does nothing. I am using the MythCenter theme, although I tried Titivillus
for good measure.

- Sending network control commands via the 'telnet' program causes
MythFrontend to crash. It only crashes after you've sent a valid command,
otherwise it behaves as expected (it says invalid command).

I'm running MythTV 0.20 (svn 9363) on top of Debian unstable, kernel is
2.6.15.4. I have a WinTV PVR-250 using ivtv 0.4.3, and an
Nvidia-integrated-chipset mobo using version 8178 of the Nvidia X11 drivers,
with no problems (except, of course, as noted above).

Andrew Barr | andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew
GPG: B6E3 19B7 C294 BF8B B26B 317C 86E3 3E67 AD9A E76A

The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility.  And
vice versa.