[mythtv-users] Suggested Setup Help

JDeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 15 12:27:22 UTC 2006

Ok, Now that Ive had mythtv working for sometime I came home yesterday
and noticed a problem with it. I filled my available storage space with
nuv files. What are some solutions that might work to enhance my
storage?

1. Drop in another drive - Right now I added a sub 300 gig drive. This
is temporary solution to fix my space problem.

2. Install another internal drive.

Im also worried about backing up my collection of movies and recordings.
Id like to startup some type of raid5 so that if I loose a drive I can
still recover my files.

My mythtv box is networked with a wireless card with a 250 gig hard
drive. So, Backing up over the network would be quite slow. I dont
really consider that an option. Anyone have a NAS running? I see some
available on newegg.com but they are pricey. I dont know where I would
put it as we live in a small apartment also. The wife will get upset if
I turn the livingroom into server heaven.

Im interested in hearing some others solutions if you have them.

Thanks!

jDeGraw