[mythtv-users] mythTV, Kaffeine and Twinhan DVB-T

Nicklas Bergfeldt nicklas.bergfeldt at his.se
Wed Mar 15 11:55:49 UTC 2006

Dave wrote:

>I don't know if this is any help, I have two DVB-T Cards in my Myth backend,
>being fed off the same aerial in the loft, via a splitter.
>
>1. Avermedia DVB-T - this has a 99% Signal Strength
>2. Twinhan DVB-T - this, even with a signal booster, only manages to get 33%
>Signal Strength. I very often get signal breakups on this card when watching
>live tv on the (seperate) frontend. The signal breakups do not seem to be
>quite so bad when watching recorded programs from this card.
>
>I have been tempted to replace the card with another Avermedia.

Yes, I agree... it could be hardware...
 - Except for the fact that it is working very well in Kaffeine :-/

Now that's strange...
 - I don't know how much own drivers mythTV / Kaffeine is implementing
for accessing DVB-T but isn't they both open source (it should be
possible to ?easily? compare them)?

/Nicklas