[mythtv-users] Master backend moved, settings ignored.

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Wed Mar 15 02:29:27 UTC 2006

I basically upgraded my master backend "server" from one machine to
another, and now it seems that a bunch of settings are being ignored.
This was happening with .18.1 and I decided to try .19 to see if it was
magically fixed. It wasn't :)

I have a slave backend that also acts as a frontend, and some of its
settings are ignored as well. No matter what setting I put in for
recordings to start early and end late, they are ignored.

Also, I can't seem to get the database logging working as well. I double
checked all of the settings to see if it is enabled, both are, yet the
"Backend Logs" section of mythweb (as well as manually looking at mysql
tables) is completely blank. Nothing shows up including mythfilldatabase
or commercial detection jobs. Any ideas where I should be looking?

I also might have stumbled upon a small bug in mythweb's recorded
section:

16 programs, using 43009 TB (16 hrs 14 mins) out of 229 GB (183 GB
free).

I hope it never uses that much space :)
--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org

Gentoo Linux 2.6.15-gentoo-r5 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 2800+
21:23:50 up 22 days, 4:34, 2 users, load average: 0.06, 0.21, 0.15