[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Odd MythTV Frontend Option

Mark Blakley mark.blakley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 18:42:28 UTC 2006

On 3/14/06, LP Tilly <mail.list.lawrence at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/14/06, Dylan R. Semler <dsemler at macalester.edu> wrote:
>

> > > I see three options at this time:
> > >   1.  I find a non-laptop case that accepts laptop MBs
> > >   2.  I find an adaptor or technique that allows me to mount a laptop
> > > MB into a more standard PC case.
> > >   3.  I throw the components on my spare parts pile and wait to see if
> > > I ever have need of building an out-dated laptop.
> >
> > 4.  Make your own case!  You know you want to:
> > http://www.poseidonguild.com/legos/case2.php
>

> Yeah.  With a 3 year old and a 1 year old running around the house THAT
> case will have a long lifespan.  ;-)  It is tempting though.

You could try mounting the motherboard in a desktop case by buying some
brass motherboard standoffs and just drilling holes where they need to go.
Put the standoffs where they need to go, and mount the motherboard to the
standoffs.

This is what I've done in an old vcr that I'm modding into a pvr case, and
it seemed to work pretty well.