[mythtv-users] Anyone care to share their XBOX .19 install

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Mar 14 16:55:53 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> can someone give me some tips on how best to softmod?
>>

> This worked for me - http://biline.ca/xbox_uxe.htm

That guide is pretty much exactly what I did. A comment on the hardware
side, it's way more economical to make your own USB to Xbox cable, I got
a cheap cable from a game rental store (I think it was $4) and used and
old USB cable I had lying around. What it allowed me to do is make the
cable to hook the Xbox controller up to the computer, but I also used
the Xbox side of the cable to wire in a USB hub into the Xbox so I can
use a USB keyboard with Linux. Makes life a lot easier...

Tom