[mythtv-users] recording duplicates

Carrison, Stuart Stuart at carrison.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 12:40:06 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I've recently rebuilt my myth box, it's now bang up to date (knoppmyth R5A30).

However, I'm noticing a new issue which I haven't seen before.

I live in the UK and subscribe to Sky TV. Many channels are repeated an hour later (bravo, bravo +1, Discovery, Discovery + 1 etc). Almost every time, my recording is recorded by myth twice. Once on the 'normal' channel and once on the '+1' channel. Myth doesn't seem to be detecting that shows with the same name and same description are repeated.

Now, this happens before I've watched the original show, so I know I am not selecting 'delete and allow re-record'. Also, this doesn't always happen just on +1 channels. Top Gear does it frequently. It's recorded off UKTV People (I think) I watch it, delete it (do not allow re-record) come home the next day and the same show _with the same description_ is 'back again'.

When I run a mythfilldb I get the following:

Updated programs: 12833  Unchanged programs: 39246
Adjusting program database end times...
0 replacements made.
==Marking repeats...found 0==

Which seems odd as there should be loads, going by the +1 stuff.

Any clues chaps & lasses?

Many thanks

Stuart