[mythtv-users] Audio Problems.

Brian Oldfield brianjoldfield at mac.com
Tue Mar 14 05:39:53 UTC 2006

I have line in muted and set to capture.  I've tried deselecting
"internal volume controls" (in the settings/general options).  I did
just discover that Ubuntu didn't install the alsa-oss emulation by
default, but installing those didn't help matters at all.  If I start
up Myth, I get no audio for live TV or recordings, though recordings
made previous (while running KDEtv in the background), MythMusic, and
MythDVD all have audio output.

I suppose I shouldn't say i have no audio output, but only static/noise.

I've read that Myth will not record audio output from ALSA, is this
true?

Thanks,
~BrianO

"It's a long way from Miami to LA. It's a longer way from yesterday
to where I am today. It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll
say. It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today.
It's a long way from the moon up to the sun. It's a longer road ahead
of me, the road that I've begun. Stop to think of all the time I've
lost. Start to think of all the bridges that I've burned that must be
crossed.
I've been poison, I've been rain. I've been fooled again. I've seen
ashes shine like chrome. Someday I'll see home.
I can see the stars from way down here, but I can't fall asleep
behind the wheel."
--Home--Switchfoot--