[mythtv-users] Best version for DVB-T

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 22:03:43 UTC 2006

On 13/03/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have been running 0.18.1 with a PVR250 for some time now and I am
> > generally happy with it.  It is mostly reliable apart from when I muck about
> > with it.
> > Has anyone got a reliable setup using DVB-T?
>
> I haven't migrated yet but am going to. From what I read about this
> the issue is only if you have a Nova DVB card.

Guy,

I'm still using 0.18.1 and am relieved that I have waited to upgrade
now that the Nova/DVB issues have come to light and 0.18.1 is no
longer available from atrpms.net. I have a Nova-T in my MBE, and 2
V-Stream DVB Xpert card in a slave, but as they all use the same
cx88-dvb module (but have different frontends/tuners) I'm loth to
change anything as it's all stable at the moment and has been since
installing 0.18.1 last May (I don't use MythTV for LiveTV much at
all). Any chance of losing recordings is reason enough for me to do a
lot more research before upgrading.

To other DVB/0.19 users,

Is the DVB/0.19 problem specific to the Nova-T support in the kernel's
DVB code, or does it affect other DVB cards also using the cx88-dvb
module?

Thanks,
Nick