[mythtv-users] mythweb: internal server error

Joel Ostheller j.ostheller at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:36:42 UTC 2006

Okay - im completely lost. help please =)

I was previously running .17 of myth... a week ago I upgraded to .19.
Upgrading to .19 broke my mythweb. Before I upgraded I copied my .17 mythweb
to /var/www/html/mythweb_back and when I load that page it still works
perfectly (well sorta works perfectly. I know this is crap but to make sure
.17 mythweb was still working I edited mythbackend.php and changed the
MYTH_PROTO_VERSION variable to match the new backend version so it wouldnt
complaign... anyways....) Anyways back to the .19 problem... I checked all
my permissions. my .htaccess and .htpassword are exactly the same in both
.17 and .19. I also just checked the httpd.conf and the modenv is enabled
via the command you gave me in the last email... (LoadModule env_module
modules/mod_env.so)... The version of mythweb I have was aquired by doing an
SVN of the plugins (I am compiling source code instead of running on
binarys)... here is the error I am getting. thoughts?

 Database Setup Error

The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
included .htaccess file. Please read through the comments included
in the file and set up the db_* environment variables correctly.

Some possible solutions are to make sure that mod_env is enabled
in httpd.conf, as well as having followed the instructions in the
README about the AllowOverride settings.

On 3/12/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:

> > how did you activate it? I upgraded to .19 and have been getting the
> same
> > 500 error... my previous version works fine with the same versions...
>
> I use fedora; it's active by default.  Before I set up the options, I
> made sure that it was part of the core apache library, or I wouldn't
> have made it a requirement for mythweb.  It loads like this in
> httpd.conf or conf.d/whatever.conf
>
>    LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
>
> -Chris

  I have sworn upon the altar of God,
eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man. -Jefferson