[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Mon Mar 13 16:02:42 UTC 2006

On Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 03:39:26PM +0000, Neil Bird wrote:

> Around about 13/03/06 14:09, Robin Hill typed ...
> > I must say that I've not had any problems whatsoever with
> > tuning/recording with either of the Nova-Ts in my system (both using the
> > Conexant chipset).  I am, however, using the latest drivers from CVS (or
> > Mercurial nowadays) rather than the in-kernel drivers.  You may want to
> > give those a try (see http://www.linuxtv.org/).
>
>    May be worth a fiddle;  which module files will I need?  I know I'm
> [manually] using the cx88-dvb instead of cx88_bluebird, but which other cx88
> ones should I fiddle with?  I'm think that my PVR-350 uses some cx modules as
> well as its ones, and I don't want to break /that/.

I'd make a backup of your current modules directory, then install new
versions of all the v4l/DVB drivers.  If that causes problems with the
PVR-350 then you can easily roll back to the original modules.  Mixing
and matching is likely to cause problems though as there's often
interdependencies between the modules which aren't backward compatible.

Cheers,
        Robin
--
     ___