[mythtv-users] OT: vonage callerID on mythtv

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Mar 13 15:32:36 UTC 2006

Sdk wrote:
> A while back someone posted a script which monitored network traffic
> for caller id information and then posted it in mythtv. I tried it at
> that time and couldnt get it working for some reason, maybe it was my
> adapter. Anyways, I'm using vonage and have the Linksys device that
> they supply. Does anyone have Vonage/VOIP callerID setup and working
> with mythtv?

Works for me (I posted the script originally). I do have one question.
Is there any way to get CallerID to show up while in the main menu / not
watching TV? Is this something that will work in the new UI?

The newer Vonage uses a different port. You should be able to edit the
port number the script is listening on to get it to work. As far as the
different firewall, I don't see why that would matter as long as you
allow that port through, or modify the script to listen on the incoming
ethernet card. It just uses the linux pcap library (same that TCPDUMP uses).

Thanks,
James