[mythtv-users] Upgrading to 0.19 for lazy n00bs?

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Mon Mar 13 02:09:45 UTC 2006

Kichigai Mentat wrote:
> I'll be honest, I'm a lazy n00b: I can make a Linux machine work for me,
> but I couldn't get MythTV to compile to save my life. Whenever I ask for
> debian-centric advice, I'm pointed to the non-existent Malrait Debs. So
> I've come to rely on KnoppMyth.
>
> Now 0.19 is out, and there's some nifty little upgrades I'd like to get
> my hands on (Like MythWiFi for example), but no new KnoppMyth version.
> I've also heard that there are some annoying bugs in 0.19. I'm
> wondering, is an upgrade from 0.18.2 to 0.19 worth the problems, and are
> there any pre-fab'd Myth installers (similar to KnoppMyth, though I'm
> willing to try a non-Debian distro for once)? Or should I just wait a while?
>
> /A hypothetical paradox:/
> /        What would happen in a battle between an Enterprise
> security //team, who always get killed soon after appearing, and a squad
> of //Imperial Stormtroopers, who can't hit the broad side of a planet?/
>                 -- Tom Galloway
If you want 0.19 and are running KnoppMyth you can:
A)  Have some patiences, as a new release w/ 0.19-fixes (and other
goodies) is a few days away.

B)  Compile MythTV yourself.  KnoppMyth already includes all the deps,
so you should have no problems compile MythTV.  All you have to do is
follow the simple directions in the MythTV docs.

Regards,

Cecil