[mythtv-users] Partly OT: Converting HD content in MPEG2-TS to DVD compliant MPEG2

casey dunn casey.dunn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 23:48:11 UTC 2006

My target is mpeg files I can stream over 802.11b, my source is OTA DVB
atsc.  Something around SVCD quality should be fine.  I'd like to autocrop
(many but, not all 4:3 programs are broadcast with black bars), Keep the
proper aspect when croping isn't needed, included the new aspect ratio when
it is, downsample audio to stereo.  It would be sweet if the audio could be
handled the same as autocrop; not everything is 5.1 ac3 quite a few are 2ch
allready.

ffmpeg -target svcd is pretty close to what I want.  It's always re-encoding
the audio, which I don't need or want (I belive all my target devices can
handle ac3 stereo), I haven't found an autocrop for it yet, and it's seems
to be a bit too much for one of my frontends.