[mythtv-users] bad fusion hdtv 5 gold?

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 05:51:18 UTC 2006

On 3/12/06, Steve Skarda <steveskarda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/12/06, Jonathan Lin <jonlin at linsvilla.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >      Finally had time to work on my Fusion HDTV 5 Gold.  I use Gentoo
> > kernel 2.6.15-r7 with all the DVB modules loaded in.  The problem is
> > when I try to do atscscan, I do not get any channels.  If I copy my
> > channels.conf from my other box that has HD3000 and run azap, I can get
> > FE_HAS_LOCK.  The problem is these "locks" has signal of 0000 and SNR
> > of ffff.  Is it possible that I have a bad card?   oh, and I am trying
> > to recieve OTA channels...no QAM.
> >
> > --
> > Jonathan Lin
> >

> The signal does not work on the Fusion Gold.  Just ignore it.  If you see
> a signal lock, the card works.  I remember the author of the driver posted
> something somewhere about why he chose to always set signal to zero.
> Something to do with not liking what he saw coming from the card.  Do a
> channel scan in myth and you should have no problems.  I have the same card
> with OTA and it works great.  Just make sure you are using the latest
> version of Myth because it is a pain to setup channels in the older
> versions.  It is a snap on the latest version.
>
> Steve

btw-  Once you get it working, can you do me a favor and let me know how the
audio to video sync works for you.  50% of my recordings are fine.  Another
40% are off by ~100mS.   10% are way off, like 500-800mS.  Seems to be worse
on PBS.   I am thinking it is the card since I haven't been able to find
anyone else that complains about this type of an A/V sync problem.