[mythtv-users] High CPU with XvMC and nvidia?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Sat Mar 11 02:33:24 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> I have finally gotten XvMC working on my new frontend. Well, seemingly
> working. All indications are that XvMC is loaded and working, but my CPU
> usage is actually HIGHER than when I was using straight ffmpeg/libmpeg2
> with no hardware acceleration. Here is my setup:

Well, it is hardly an enjoyable experience, the audio pops every few
seconds and there are audio/video sync messages in the log, so I've gone
back to non XvMC playback, which uses about %50 CPU. Not sure what is
wrong with my setup, but I've never been able to get XvMC to work
correctly with .18 or .19.

Tom