[mythtv-users] HTPC cases

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Fri Mar 10 21:20:09 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 21:49, Matthew Geier wrote:
> N Dugas wrote:
> > Anyone here using Silverstone cases?  In particular, I'm looking at the
> > LC14M or LC16M.  I'm just curious to see how the remotes work and if the
> > VFD was a pain to get working.
>
>   I've got at LC11m. Except the the difficultly my vendor had getting a
> PCI-e video card that would fit, it's a pretty neat case.
>
>   I had some initial problems with the VFD and the remote, but they were
> driver problems. Once I worked out where to get the driver code and
> compile it. (It's now in lirc anyway), every thing fell into place. The
> moment the driver created the /dev/lcd device, LCDProc and Myth 'just
> worked'.
I had the same experience.  The remote and the LCD display are working
perfect.  It's really nice to be able to power on your computer with the
remote ;)

>   I have the imon pad style of remote and the mouse on it doesn't work -
> although there are patches floating around to address that. Most of the
> remaining problems with the remote are that i've been so far to lazy to
> map all the buttons to something, i've only done enough to let me do the
> basic control I wanted in Myth and haven't bothered to finish the job.
Mhh, I too have the imon remote and the mouse works flawless.  However, if I
remember correctly, I had to patch lirc to get it working.  I mapped the
mouse to up-down-left-right arrows.
I also patched LCDd to disable the welcome message.  Otherwise it stays
displayed on the LCD even after powering off the computer (this is because
the LCD+VFD have always power from the PSU so I can use the remote to power
on the computer).

Stef