[mythtv-users] HTPC cases

Matthew Geier matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au
Fri Mar 10 20:49:01 UTC 2006

N Dugas wrote:
> Anyone here using Silverstone cases?  In particular, I'm looking at the
> LC14M or LC16M.  I'm just curious to see how the remotes work and if the
> VFD was a pain to get working.

  I've got at LC11m. Except the the difficultly my vendor had getting a
PCI-e video card that would fit, it's a pretty neat case.

  I had some initial problems with the VFD and the remote, but they were
driver problems. Once I worked out where to get the driver code and
compile it. (It's now in lirc anyway), every thing fell into place. The
moment the driver created the /dev/lcd device, LCDProc and Myth 'just
worked'.

  I have the imon pad style of remote and the mouse on it doesn't work -
although there are patches floating around to address that. Most of the
remaining problems with the remote are that i've been so far to lazy to
map all the buttons to something, i've only done enough to let me do the
basic control I wanted in Myth and haven't bothered to finish the job.