[mythtv-users] Myth 0.19-fixes crash in frontend with GL sync, with backtrace

Ramon Redondo malinon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 16:31:38 UTC 2006

Since updating my system from 0.18.1 to the 0.19-fixes branch, I've been
seeing a lot of crashes while attempting to view recordings with the
internal player, whether they be recorded shows, 'live' TV, or recordings
through MythVideo.  I _think_ that I only see this lockup with OpenGL vsync
enabled.  I used opengl vsync under 0.18.1 and while I sometimes would
crash, it's become a lot more common with the only update being Myth.

I've attached a backtrace, and a log (-v all) from mythfrontend.  I noticed
that while some symbols are found in my trace, a lot are missing.  If
someone could suggest what I need to do to fix that, it'd be appreciated.  I
followed the instructions in the Myth docs, rebuilt my glibc with 'nostrip',
and built a debug version of Myth.  But I'm suspecting I may need to build
some of my other components with 'nostrip' as well (qt?).

System info:
---
Hardware:
Athlon XP 2000+
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100

Software:
Myth 0.19-fixes (SVN 9114)
NVIDIA driver 6111 (I haven't updated because I know that they stopped
updating support for my card.  I'm not sure how high I can go).
BOB deinterlace
OpenGL VSync
NO XVMC
BTTV analog capture using MPEG4 software encoding

As I said, disabling GL vsync in the setup seems to make this go away, but
without that I get a bit of jitter on scrolling text.

Any suggestions?

I've snipped the frontend log (next time I won't do a -v all), but I still
have the rest of the frontend log.  I didn't have a very verbose backend
log, but can create one if needed.  I'm able to reproduce the issue at will
within a few minutes.