[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Mar 10 14:42:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 14:27 +1100, Doug Scoular wrote:
> Daniel at cuymedia wrote:
> > The Nova-T driver is broken, it reports a lock when there isn't a lock.
> > One of the DVB driver folks told me this would be fixed in 2.6.12...
> > No such luck.
> >
> > But the main problem with DVB is that none of the regular MythTV
> > developers uses DVB-x, it basically is maintained as a side-effect
> > of having ATSC support in MythTV.
>
>     Ah... but then why did MythTV 0.18.1 work flawlessly when
>     MythTV 0.19 is so problematic ?
We changed the tuning because for many people the tuning in 0.18.1
caused a lot of zero length recordings. Search the dev archives for
all the iterations we went through. The current tuning works for
most DVB-T people, but does not yet work well for DVB-S people.
The remaining problems in DVB-T are with the Nova-T DVB driver.

>     I don't think you can really say the DVB Nova-T driver is all
>     that broken when I've only experienced problems when using
>     it with MythTV 0.19.
The Nova-T DVB driver hasn't been fixed yet. Until it is, I can say it's broken :)

>     Now, I have no real problem with slow channel changing as I
>     understand a little about the buffering.
Actually this will be getting a little faster in SVN after we finish
refactoring the EIT scanner...

>     Anyone else having problems or care to offer some insight before
>     I dive into the source ?
Have a read through the archives, look for Aafloy's posts.
The code in question is in dvbchannel.cpp, mostly in the
wait_for_backend() function.

-- Daniel